The legal voters of the Town of Maidstone are hereby warned and notified to meet at the Town Hall in the said Town of Maidstone on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 7 o'clock in the evening to act on the following articles.
1. To elect all Town Officers as required by law.
2. Shall the Town vote to collect its 2015 taxes up to and including Oct. 15th and pay same to Treasurer?
3. Shall the town vote to take $5,000 from the General Fund and put it in the "Equipment Fund”?
4. Shall the Town vote to take $3,500 from the General Fund and put it in the "Reappraisal and Maintenance of the Grand List” fund?
5. Shall the Town approve a $1,000 donation from the General Fund to the Maidstone Lake Association to help support the "Aquatic Nuisance Prevention Program” at Maidstone Lake?
6. Shall the Town vote to take $5,000 from the General Fund and create an Earmarked Fund for the Town Plan and Zoning By-law” update?
7. Shall the Town vote to take $2,000 from the General Fund and put it in the "Book Restoration” fund?
8. Shall the Town eliminate the Office of Town Auditor and replace their role with a contracted Certified Public Accounting firm, licensed in Vermont to provide an annual audit of all funds, except those audited pursuant to 16 VSA 323 (Education Funds in Supervisory Union Treasury) and assist the Town in development and monitoring of proper accounting procedures and reports? The funding for these service to come from the Towns general funds for this fiscal year if the 2015 proposed budget does not include an adequate amount for professional services (accountant).
9. Shall the Town vote to take $8,000 from the General Fund and create an Earmarked Fund for "Professional Services"?
10. Shall the Town raise $208,867 to pay current expenses and appropriations as requested in the proposed budget?
11. Shall the Town vote to hold its annual meeting on Tuesday, March 2, 2016 at 7 oclock pm.?
12. To transact any other nonbinding business deemed necessary and proper when met.
Bradley McVetty, Chairman Shawn Conant Douglas Lord
Received for Record, January 20, 2015
Susan L. Irwin, Town Clerk
Latest News >